Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager
Full time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 – £48,000 + OTE with uncapped commission opportunities
Tes is an international provider of digital solutions, which is passionate about using technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. All products and services are built with teachers and schools needs at the core, ensuring they are innovative, trusted education solutions.
We are a market leading brand for school software solutions, we’re looking for you to meet ambitious targets in return for uncapped commission.
As part of a global Sales function this is a fast-paced role that requires tenacity and determination to enable you to deliver value and world class software solutions to schools.
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative global sales function who enjoy a healthy amount of competition, whilst also working together towards shared goals. We strive for continuous improvement and are committed to developing our people, through continuous feedback, knowledge sharing, coaching as well as formal training.
You’ll be responsible for a defined set of products and tasked with growing the revenue of your accounts. You’ll take ownership of your own pipeline, working in a purely outbound role. You will need to be comfortable managing an end-to-end sales process, using a value-based approach to selling.
If you’re on target your earnings can increase by an extra £25,000, although we want people who are driven to exceed targets!
- Meet sales targets and key performance indicators set by the business, rapidly increasing the penetration of Tes software solutions.
- Make a high number of daily calls to build pipeline, advance and close sales.
- Accurate revenue and opportunity forecasting.
- Maintain records in the CRM to a high standard
- Maintain an expert level of market and product knowledge, including competitor offerings and product positioning.
- Build and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities through the sales funnel applying consistent sales process and methodology.
- Conducting product demonstrations to a high standard as part of the sales process
- Work at pace to create relationships with senior stakeholders/decision makers at large school and MAT level with an aim of identifying new revenue opportunities and winning sales.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience in an outbound sales role with evidence of consistently exceeding targets. This will have been achieved with a good understanding of sales methodology, responding to internal and external change dynamics. Closing in a sales environment, asking for and gaining commitment to a next step.
- A drive for Results, your hunter mentality means you will strive to exceed targets set by the business. You will be motivated by this. You will take personal responsibility for delivering your own performance. You will honestly appraise your own performance recognising what needs to be done differently and take appropriate action.
- As a good team player, you’ll actively participate in the team and be committed to the development of your colleagues providing advice and guidance to Business Development Executives within the team.
- Tenacity and dogged determination – the ability to keep going in the face of rejection.
- Excellent oral communication and verbal reasoning skills – an ability to build rapport quickly, ask insightful questions, great listening skills, the ability to be able to handle and deflect objections.
- Good influencing skills – you will make an immediate and lasting impression on others; you will be able to adjust your style to meet the needs of different customers. You will have the gravitas needed to do this with C-level stakeholders.
- The ability to quickly understand the market, customer base, competition, and Tes software solutions. As a result, you will understand what keeps different stakeholders up at night and provide a solution.
- Learn multiple products and have sufficient knowledge to be able to demonstrate and position product benefits to prospective customers.
- You will plan and use your time effectively, ensure records in the CRM are always maintained and provide accurate lead forecasts.
- A passion for customers and demonstrating a sense of pride in the organisation, brand, and products.
What do you get in return?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- Hybrid working, 2+ days in the office
- Health care cash plan
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to a range of benefits via My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free eye care cover
- Life Assurance
- Monthly Tes Socials
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu