Business Development Manager – Apprenticeships
BDL Recruitment are supporting a Training Provider based in Nottinghamshire who’re looking to recruit a highly experienced, influential and dynamic Business Development Manager with experience across the Education and Training Industry, specifically Apprenticeship. In particular experience of apprenticeships in the following sectors would be advantageous;
– IT, Cyber and Digital
– Care and Childcare
– Professional Services
– Leadership and Management
The post holder will be responsible for generating new business, identifying, targeting and converting a range of sales opportunities with local and national employers.
Success in the post will be determined by the effective recruitment of employers to meet ambitious company targets and individual targets, and a robust liaison with businesses to engage in appropriate apprenticeships which match their specific needs.
The role will be offered on a flexible working basis (part home, part office).
Skills and Experience
- A track record of generating Apprenticeship starts within Levy / SME employers consistently across a range of sectors.
- The desire to be a leading figure and representative of the business, with a passion for being involved in a fast-growing group of businesses.
- Sound knowledge and experience of apprenticeships, including apprenticeship reform, apprenticeship standards, DAS, the apprenticeship Levy, and government initiatives relating to apprenticeships and skills.
- The ability and enthusiasm to be influential in driving the business forward through generating and converting new sales and managing a range of employers nationally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities through a systematic, methodical approach. Proactively engaging with new companies to explore their needs for training and apprenticeships.
- Generate meetings and conversions through a range of services and offerings, not least, the process of conducting Observation Training Business Assessment.
- Convert sales opportunities through a personalised and personable approach to business development, ensuring each employer’s needs are met and company values are at the forefront of client engagement.
- Create and maintain employer relationships, managing them appropriately throughout their lifecycle through exceptional relationship management.
- Liaise with potential employers through a range of networking and events.
- Ensure effective communication across Yarway Group’s range of businesses
- Deliver high levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times, ensuring the employer’s requirements are met and the needs of our business are fulfilled through screening activities, eligibility checks and compliance procedures where necessary.
- Maintain a clean and concise database of leads, prospects and conversions through a CRM system, Hubspot.