Policy version: 30th July 2021
www.bdlrecruitment.com is provided by BDL Recruitment LTD trading BDL Recruitment Limited (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’). We are the controller of personal data obtained via our website, meaning we are the organisation legally responsible for deciding how and for what purposes it is used.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are subject to the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). We are also subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) in relation to goods and services we offer to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- What this policy applies to
- Personal data we collect about you
- How your personal data is collected
- How and why we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- How long your personal data will be kept
- Transferring your personal data out of the UK and EEA
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal data secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
What this policy applies to
This policy relates to how we collect personal data from you – in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our Website.
Personal data we collect about you
The personal data we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out. We will collect and use the following personal data about you:
- your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number and company details if applicable
- information to check and verify your identity, eg your date of birth
- your gender, if you choose to give this to us
- your billing information, transaction and payment card information
- your personal or professional interests
- your professional online presence, eg LinkedIn profile
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems.
We collect and use this personal data for the purposes described in the section ‘How and why we use your personal data’ below.
Personal data provided by you
As part of the recruitment process, we may ask you for further personal information in order to perform our services. We may request the following from you:
- CV (including employment history)References
- Details of education
- Next of Kin
- Anything specific requested by a potential employer
The legal basis for us collecting and holding this data is legitimate business interest and we will hold this data in line with our retention policy.
We may also collect data from third parties including but not limited to:
- Job Boards
The legal basis for us collecting and holding this data is a legitimate business interest and we will hold this data in line with our retention policy. Once we have received your personal data from a third party source, we will always request your consent in order to keep the data. If consent is not given by you, we will immediately erase the data. Should you consent to our holding your data on file, our legal basis will be legitimate business interest.
We will not send any information to any third party (unless required by law or as part of our internal processes) prior to gaining your consent.
Prior to sending your CV to a potential client, we will send your CV to an outsourced CV formatting service which may be outside of the EEA.
Should we find a role for you, we may also request the following information:
- Bank details
- Credit Check
- Passport check
The legal basis for us collecting and holding this data is contractual in order to carry out our services under a contract for service or contract of service or for legal purposes.
How your personal data is collected
We collect most of this personal data directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website. However, we may also collect information:
- from publicly accessible sources, eg Companies House or HM Land Registry
- directly from a third party, eg:
- sanctions screening providers
- credit reference agencies
- customer due diligence providers
- from a third party with your consent
- via our IT systems.
We collect personal data from you:
- directly, when you enter or send us information, such as when you, and
- indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website; we will collect information indirectly using the technologies explain in the section on ‘Cookies below.
How and why we use your personal data
We collect basic personal information relating to our recruitment services. We ask for more detailed information as part of the recruitment process to assess your eligibility for a role, including previous work experience and geographic location.
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a valid reason, e.g.:
- where you have given consent
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract, or
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. We will carry out an assessment when relying on legitimate interests, to balance our interests against your own. You can obtain details of this assessment by contacting us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
The table below explains what we use your personal data for and why.